top of page

Alert Passerby Saves House From Fire Damage

Daniel Prince

Trash was on fire in a carport; passerby called 911

A home on Whitmire Highway avoided damage after a blaze was spotted by an alert passerby. According to Roger Bailey, information officer for the Southside Fire Department, Sunday afternoon around 12:24, the Southside Fire Department answered a call at the home of Mitzi Caldwell, at 2024 Whitmire Highway. Someone had seen some trash on fire in her carport and called 911. The fire was quickly extinguished, and there was no damage or injuries reported. Firefighters stayed on scene until 12:45 p.m. They were assisted by the Union County Sheriff’s Office.

no audio
00:00 / 01:04
bottom of page