top of page

Fire Damages Garage on Whitmire Highway

Daniel Prince

Air compressor that was left running likely sparked the blaze

The Southside Fire Department responded to a garage fire Tuesday night. According to Public Information Officer Roger Bailey with the department, they arrived on scene at around 11 p.m. to a fire at a freestanding garage at 3119 Whitmire Highway. The property belongs to Roy Young. With help from the Monarch and Santuc fire departments, they extinguished the blaze. The fire was caused by an air compressor that had been left running. Damage to the garage was estimated at $15,000. Fire crews stayed on scene until just before midnight. They were assisted on scene by the Union County Sheriff’s Office and Union County EMS. There were no injuries reported, and there was no damage to any other structures on the property.

no audio
00:00 / 01:04
bottom of page