top of page

Southside Fire Department Responds to Barn Fire on Sardis Road

Daniel Prince

Fire started by heat lamp kills several sheep, but no humans injured

The Southside Fire Department responded to a barn fire early Sunday morning. Around 2 a.m., they were called to the fire at 1220 Sardis Road. The barn, which belonged to Donnie Betenbaugh, was deemed a total loss. Damage was estimated at $10,000. There were no injuries to humans, but two mother sheep and three baby sheep were killed in the blaze. The fire was caused by a heat lamp.

Buffalo Fire Department and Cross Keys Fire Department responded to assist with the blaze, along with Union County EMS, the Union County Sheriff’s Office, and the City of Union Utility Department. Fire crews stayed on the scene until 3:04 a.m.

no audio
00:00 / 01:04
bottom of page